Private GP FAQ's
What and who do we treat?
· People of all ages, from babies to the elderly
· Any condition that you would expect an experienced GP to treat
· Acute health issues i.e. infections
· Long term health problems i.e. chronic diseases
· Occasionally there is a problem that we are unable to help with; in that instance we will point you directly to the best service to help you.
We offer 15-minute appointments that are usually sufficient for a single problem or 30 minutes if you feel you need a longer consultation for more complex issues.
choose your appointment length at the time of booking.
Extra time is available in 15-minute intervals and there will be a charge for this.
15 minute GP appointment
We would recommend this length of appointment in the following scenarios:
· You have an acute illness
· You have a single medical issue you like to discuss
· You have visited our clinic before
· You have a query about an existing condition you wish to talk about
· You need a repeat private prescription
(Please note that Doctors cannot prescribe medication for controlled drugs and/or drug and alcohol related conditions. All prescriptions are issued at the Doctors discretion)
30 minute GP appointment
We would recommend this length of appointment if you think you need any of the following:
· You have more than one medical issue you wish to discuss
· You want to discuss your medical history in more detail with a doctor
· You need a detailed medical assessment to reach or confirm a diagnosis
· You would like to discuss your options for treatment and need advice to help you make the best decision
· You would like a second opinion or further information on a diagnosis or help creating a management and treatment plan to deal with your diagnosis
All of our consultations include any private onward referral that may be applicable. If you need specialist attention, your private doctor will be able to discuss the option of onward referral to the right kind of consultant for your condition.
We have a close working relationships with a number of Private Healthcare Hospitals and consultants ensuring that you get access to the best possible care when needed.
Please remember to check that you are either insured for any referral or that you have alternative arrangements in place to meet the costs.
Consultation fees are taken at the time of booking or just before your consultation.
Payment can be made via a debit or credit card payment over the phone, BACS payment (please ask one of our staff members for account details).
If your place of work is paying for your consultation we can raise an invoice for their accounts department prior to the appointment. We do not accept Cheques.
Should you wish to cancel or re-arrange your appointment we do ask for a minimum of 24 Hours notice otherwise a late cancellation fee will be applicable based on 50% of the appointment fee.
All of our consultations include any private prescriptions that may be applicable. The clinic is also able to dispense certain prescriptions for a small fee should we stock that particular medication.
Please be aware that all prescriptions are “Private” and do incur a fee at any pharmacy, though in most cases, they are cheaper than an NHS prescription.
We aim to offer a level of care that is right for you and your circumstance. However, we strongly advise that you remain on the list with an NHS GP, close to your home, to ensure assistance in the event of a medical emergency.
We do not normally have access to NHS clinics with the exception of accident and emergency. However, we can recommend that your registered GP refer you to an NHS clinic if you choose to do so. We advise you that the referral decision rests with your NHS GP.
As a preference we will always aim to keep you with your first point of contact GP.
Our team of male and female GP’s have been carefully selected based on experience, professional background and areas of interest. As a result our team work varying days meaning, that unless you are happy to wait until they are in clinic and depending on urgency we will place you with one of our most suited highly experienced GP’s.
All of our GP’s are able to carry out routine GP consultations however, should we feel you may be better placed with a particular GP, we will discuss this with you at the time of booking.
Please let us know of any disability at the time of booking so that special arrangements and/or an extended appointment can be made for you if necessary.
For patients with restricted mobility we may need to give additional instructions regarding parking or access to the building. Patients with other difficulties such as communication problems should, where possible, arrange for a friend, relative or other assistant to accompany them. We don't have specialized equipment such as hoists.